BY USING THE WEBSITE, YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU VOLUNTARILY CONSENT TO THE COLLECTION, USE, AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION BY CARBONAUT FROM TIME TO TIME FOR THE SPECIFIC PURPOSES SET OUT IN THE POLICY. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE POLICY, YOU SHOULD NOT USE THE WEBSITE. CARBONAUT MAY MODIFY THE POLICY FROM TIME TO TIME AND POST THOSE MODIFICATIONS HERE. YOUR CONTINUED USE OF THE WEBSITE AFTER ANY SUCH MODIFICATION CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THE MODIFIED AGREEMENT.
- INFORMATION. Carbonaut obtains information from and about you in a number of different ways, including:
- General Information. Some information (the “General Information”) is gathered automatically when you access the Website. The General Information (which includes website pages visited, type of web browser used, type of operating system, the domain name of your Internet service provider, and similar information) does not identify you personally;
- Personal Information. Some information is not gathered automatically when you access the Website and instead is provided by you voluntarily. Your “personal information” as defined at law, including without limitation, as defined under the Personal Information Protection Act of British Columbia, as amended from time to time (the “Act”), means all information about an identifiable individual (the “Personal Information”). Personal Information includes information that can identify an individual (for example, your name, home telephone number, personal mobile telephone number, home address, personal email address, personal fax number, social insurance number, driver’s license number, physical description, and credit card or other financial information specifically about you). However, Personal Information does not include business “contact information”, which is defined under the Act as information to enable an individual at a place of business to be contacted for business purposes, such as name, position name or title, business telephone number, business mobile telephone number, business address, business email, or business fax number of an individual.
You must provide Personal Information to Carbonaut if you wish to purchase gift cards or other items, or if you wish to receive coupons, newsletters, or other information. The following are some of the kinds of Personal Information you may choose to provide:
- (i) Third Party Information. When you register at a third-party website, and provide any Personal Information to such third parties, Carbonaut may (pursuant to agreements between Carbonaut and those third parties) obtain such information to populate Carbonaut registration forms for use when you hyperlink to the Website; and
- (ii) Email Information. When you send Carbonaut email messages or call Carbonaut by telephone, Carbonaut may retain the content of your email or telephone messages, together with your email address and the response from Carbonaut.
- GENERAL USE AND DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION. Carbonaut uses and discloses your information as follows:
- General Information. Carbonaut uses and discloses the General Information to understand the Website demographics and content preferences, and shall do so without notice to, or permission from, you or any third party. In particular, Carbonaut may provide aggregate information about Carbonaut’s customers, sales, Website traffic patterns, and related information to affiliates of Carbonaut and third parties;
- Personal Information. As further provided in section 3 of this Policy, Carbonaut uses the Personal Information solely for purposes of administering Carbonaut’s business activities, providing customer service and making available coupons and other products and services to you and other Carbonaut customers and prospective customers, and does not sell or rent this information to any third parties other than those who are administering the Website and mailing lists as agents of Carbonaut. This may include focused advertising, online banner advertisements, new products and services, contests, discounts, coupons, special offers, sales, promotions, and other responses to you. Carbonaut discloses your Personal Information only as described in section 3 of this Policy. Carbonaut may also use Personal Information to notify you about important changes to the Website or Carbonaut’s business and new Carbonaut services and special offers you may find valuable. Carbonaut shall protect your Personal Information from disclosure to third parties using a reasonable degree of care; and
- Cookie Information. Carbonaut uses Cookie Information to improve the Website and better serve you and Carbonaut’s other customers, and may do so without notice to, or permission from, you or any third party.
- OTHER USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION. Carbonaut may use and disclose your information when legally compelled to do so, or when Carbonaut, in good faith, believes that the law requires it or for the protection of Carbonaut legal rights or those of a third party. Carbonaut shall protect your Personal Information from disclosure to third parties using a reasonable degree of care, and Carbonaut does not otherwise use or disclose your Personal Information except as follows:
- (i) Carbonaut may use your Personal Information and disclose your Personal Information: (a) in the course of providing services to you; (b) to law enforcement; (c) to a representative of a payment verification service, financial institution or credit card company only when you have authorized such disclosure; or (d) to third party service providers, such as administrators of Carbonaut’ mailing list;
- (ii) Carbonaut may use and disclose your Personal Information: (a) in connection with the sale, purchase, merger, amalgamation, or reorganization of Carbonaut; (b) when Carbonaut believes it is necessary to protect the rights, property, or safety of Carbonaut or other persons; or (c) to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on Carbonaut;
- (iii) Carbonaut may use and disclose your Personal Information to notify you about changes to the Website or Carbonaut’s business, or new Carbonaut products, services, and special offers you may find valuable; and
- (iv) Any Personal Information you provide may also be collected by Carbonaut’s merchandise and service suppliers in order to process, bill, and fulfill your orders.
CARBONAUT DOES NOT SELL YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES OR USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION OTHER THAN AS DESCRIBED IN THIS POLICY
- SECURITY STANDARDS. The security of your Personal Information is important to Carbonaut. Carbonaut is committed to adopting and maintaining appropriate measures and safeguards to ensure the confidentiality of your Personal Information and to protect against any loss or theft, as well as, unauthorized access, copying, use, modification, or disclosure. Carbonaut encrypts certain Personal Information using secure socket layer (“SSL”) or other technology. Carbonaut exercises care in the secure transmission of your Personal Information; however, no transmission of Personal Information over the Internet is 100% secure. You understand and agree that perfect security does not exist anywhere, and you will therefore protect your Personal Information in a reasonable way at all times. Carbonaut is unable to guarantee that Personal Information collected, used, or disclosed through the medium of the Internet cannot be intercepted by third parties. If you have any questions about security of your Personal Information or the security on the Website, you can send Carbonaut an email at [email protected]
- OPT OUT. If you have so agreed on the Website, you may receive marketing messages and materials from Carbonaut, including without limitation, a “welcome” email and subsequent newsletters and other emails. If you do not wish to receive such messages or materials, you may notify Carbonaut of your preference by following the instructions included in each communication, by emailing Carbonaut at [email protected], by contacting Carbonaut at 1.888.853.6466 or 1.604.850.5600, or by regular mail at: Carbonaut Customer Service c/o PO Box 126 STN A Abbotsford British Colombia V2T 6Z5 Canada.
- CHILDREN’S PRIVACY. The Website is not intended for the use by anyone under the age of eighteen (18). Carbonaut does not knowingly solicit and does not wish to receive any information from children.
- ACCESS TO PERSONAL INFORMATION. If you would like to review your Personal Information, contact Carbonaut at [email protected] or call 1.888.853.6466 or 1.604.850.5600. If you need to make changes to, but not purge, your Personal Information, you may do by mail sent to Carbonaut Customer Service, c/o PO Box 126 STN A Abbotsford British Colombia V2T 6Z5 Canada. You hereby agree that Carbonaut may use and disclose any suggestions, ideas, concepts, or information (other than your Personal Information) that you provide to Carbonaut regarding this Policy, Carbonaut business or any other matter, without obligation to you or any third party.
- MERCHANT SERVICES. You may be able to access certain information related to third parties at the Website, or via hyperlinks, banner ads, or “click-throughs” from the Website, regarding the goods or services of third parties (collectively, the “Merchant Services”). You understand and agree that your access to or use of the Merchant Services is a matter entirely between you and the associated third parties, and Carbonaut shall have no liability whatsoever for any such access or use.
- ASSIGNMENT. Carbonaut may assign this Policy, in whole or in part, to any third party without notice to or permission from you or any third party.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. All intellectual property of Carbonaut on the Website, including without limitation, the trade and business name “CARBONAUT” and the Carbonaut logo are trademarks of Carbonaut, are the sole and exclusive property of Carbonaut, and may not be used without the prior written permission of Carbonaut.
If you have any questions or comments about Carbonaut or this Policy, you may contact Carbonaut at:
Box 126 STN A
Abbotsford British Colombia V2T 6Z5 Canada